SEEKING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
OUTREACH FOR HOPE, INC., MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN
Since 1995 Outreach for Hope has been bringing together the philanthropic vision and generosity of its donors, with the Greater Milwaukee Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and community partners, around the complex issues of poverty in Southeastern Wisconsin. The mission of Outreach for Hope is to financially support ministries that transform lives and bring hope to the neighborhoods that surround them.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of OFH. The basic duties and responsibilities include:
- Advancing the mission of OFH with the Greater Milwaukee Synod.
- Establishing the organization’s goals and objectives with the Board of Directors.
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for OFH, communicating the work of OFH through written articles, letters, and by speaking at churches and events to promote awareness of OFH.
- Working diligently in developing donors and doing significant fundraising, along with the Director of Advancement, to meet the gifting goals of OFH.
- Overseeing the grant making process: soliciting, selecting, and distributing. Developing relationships with ministries receiving grants and monitoring the effectiveness of grant activities.
- Overseeing budget, financials and investments, accountable to the Board of Directors of OFH.
- Managing all OFH staff. The Advancement Director reports directly to the Executive Director.
EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An understanding of faith and church culture, especially synodical and congregational structure and life.
- Bachelor’s degree in fundraising, public administration, or related field.
- CFRE certification is an asset.
- Ten years of proven fundraising/administrative experience is ideal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include cover letter, résumé, and three references.
- Submit applications by August 1, 2017
Or send to Outreach for Hope, Attn: Mary Romskog, 1212 S. Layton Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53215
This is a full-time position, which includes salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.