We’re excited to share that we will again be celebrating Outreach for Hope Sunday on September 18 (which is the weekend prior to our 9/24 Family Ride Run Walk)! Join us in this synod-wide opportunity to lift up the work of Outreach for Hope and our Ministry Partners in your congregation’s worship. Here are some ways you can mark the day:
- Prepare a Temple Talk/Announcement: We invite you to use the script and slides provided here to prepare a temple talk or announcement introducing your congregation to Outreach for Hope’s work, and encouraging members to sign up for the Ride Run Walk (remember, registration closes on Monday, September 19 at 11:59 pm!).
- Offer Prayers for our Ministry Partners: Use our OFH Sunday prayer of the day and/or prayer petitions (linked here) during worship.
- Share a Ministry Spotlight Video: Another way to celebrate in worship is to show one of our Ministry Spotlight videos, which share stories of the vital work our Ministry Partners do in our community. Visit this website to peruse and download videos from the series.
- Take up a Special Collection: Lifting up our OFH Ministry partners during your offering time is also a great way to think of others through your tithes and offering, possibly even communicating a challenge gift that one of your members would like to offer to encourage other to join them in their giving.
- Share your Snapshots: We also encourage you to take and share a photo of your congregation celebrating OFH Sunday. You can post them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with the hashtags #OFHSunday2022 and #OFHRRW2022, and/or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for helping us celebrate OFH Sunday in worship on September 18. Your involvement will really help encourage those who haven’t yet engaged with our 15th annual Family Ride Run Walk, so we can make this year’s event our best yet!
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE
Ask your church office if your congregation is celebrating OFH Sunday. If not, ask to make a special announcement or prayer that day, and share our bulletin insert.
Posting on social media? Don’t forget to use the hashtag #OFHRRW2022