Outreach for Hope supports life-giving ministries that serve the people of low income communities in the Greater Milwaukee Synod, ELCA. These ministries not only provide help with daily necessities like food pantries, youth programs, neighborhood stores, and medical clinics, but most importantly, they are centers in the heart of their communities for providing transformation and hope. Participation in, and contributions to, the 2021 Ride Run Walk will support grant funding for our Ministry Partners.
About Our Family FUNdraising Event
This year, Outreach for Hope is offering the beloved traditional aspects of this annual FUNdraising effort like road and trail bike rides, as well as a few exciting additions…
For the first time, our Waukesha, Ozaukee, and Racine/Kenosha sites will offer a 2-mile walk, and we are very happy to introduce a new in-person walk site at Washington Park in Milwaukee County! In-person events will also include fun outdoor family activities, fellowship, and boxed lunches at all sites. Finally, we will offer a Virtual participation option for those who would like to fundraise and/or log miles remotely leading up to September 25. There’s something for everyone at our Family FUNdraising Event!
KEEP IN MIND:
- This is a COVID-conscious event. Although we will accept day-of registrations, we are strongly encouraging online registration to reduce lines. All food and drink distributed that day will be individually pre-packaged, and the entire event (including lunch) will take place outside.
- Pay what you can. To remove barriers to participation, we are transitioning to pay-what-you-can pricing in lieu of a set registration fee. Participants are also encouraged to use the online Fundraiser Page they will create during online registration to collect donations from friends and family.
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
How to Participate
Starting July 15, return here for a link to each site’s online registration and information webpage, where you can…
- Register online (you’ll get the chance to set up your Individual or Team Fundraiser Page during this process);
- Find site-specific information including maps, schedule, location, and other important details;
- Access our Mileage Tracker for the Virtual event;
- Log into your Individual or Team Fundraiser Page, to customize it and track your progress;
- Search for and donate to other people’s Fundraiser Pages; and
- Download a PDF registration form and pledge form, if you prefer print to online.
Each site offers a walk, and road and trail rides unless otherwise noted.
Dousman/Glacial Drumlin Trail
Meet at Cory Municipal Park, Dousman
Grafton/Ozaukee Interurban Trail
Meet at Grace Lutheran Church, Grafton
Kenosha/North Shore Bike Trail
Meet at Petrifying Springs Park Site #3, Kenosha
NEW! MILWAUKEE COUNTY
Walk Only – Washington Park, Milwaukee
Meet at pool house on east side of park, off 40th St
Ride, run, walk, and/or fundraise on your own schedule (7/15 – 9/25; You can register for both the virtual option AND an in-person event!)
Sign Up to Volunteer
The Outreach for Hope Ride Run Walk is made possible with the help of many enthusiastic volunteers before, during, and after the September 25th event. Each volunteer’s contribution, large or small, is critical to the success of the family fun event and very much appreciated. If you would like to donate your time, please read more about available positions, and indicate site preference and availability on the volunteer sign up form.
Become a Sponsor
THANK YOU to our 2020 sponsors:
Budget Blinds of Milwaukee are your local experts and are proud to be backed by the #1 provider of custom window coverings in North America that has provided design-driven solutions for over 25 years.
Steren Management of Cudahy operates several McDonald’s franchises in Southeastern Wisconsin, serving the counties of Kenosha, Milwaukee, and Racine.
Spread the Word
Please feel free to download and use the materials below to help promote the event:
Bulletin insert (ready to print and cut in half)
1080p video or presentation slide (for use in worship)