Since 1995 Outreach for Hope (OFH) has brought together the philanthropic vision and generosity of its donors, with the Greater Milwaukee Synod (GMS) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and community partners, around the complex issues of poverty in Southeastern Wisconsin. The mission of Outreach for Hope is to financially support ministries that transform lives and bring hope to the neighborhoods that surround them.
Reporting to the OFH Board of Directors and working closely with the bishop of the GMS, the Executive Director plans, manages, and implements the fundraising and grantmaking programs of OFH. The basic duties and responsibilities include:
- Advancing the mission of OFH with the GMS.
- Establishing the organization’s goals and objectives within the vision of the GMS.
- Working as the lead fundraiser, cultivating donor relationships, and increasing philanthropic support through direct fundraising,
- Serving as the primary spokesperson for OFH, communicating the work through written articles, letters, and by speaking at churches and events.
- Working closely with OFH-funded ministries, synod staff, and OFH Board of Directors to ensure a grant making process that equips leaders, encourages innovation, deepens impact, and monitors the effectiveness of grant funded ministry initiatives.
- Ensuring organizational capacity for the annual Family Bike Ride fundraising event (currently in three locations) and ensuring the development and implementation of the bike ride plan.
- Overseeing budget, financials and investments, accountable to the board of directors of OFH.
EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An understanding of faith and church culture, especially synodical and congregational structure and life
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in fundraising, organizational leadership/development, and/or stewardship
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification a plus
- Five to ten years in related fundraising and/or ministry development work
- Proven track record in fundraising
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
HOW TO APPLY
- Include cover letter, résumé, and three references.
- Submit applications by November 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or send to Outreach for Hope, Attn: Mary Romskog, 1212 S. Layton Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53215
This is a full-time position, which includes salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
Read the full job description: