WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
New and established ministries within the Great Milwaukee Synod, ELCA which focus their ministry in low income communities are eligible for Outreach for Hope grants. Specifically, Outreach for Hope provides funds for congregation-based ministries which…
- Are directly affiliated with the Greater Milwaukee Synod – ELCA, and within the geographical boundaries of the Greater Milwaukee Synod.
- Include, in the core of their mission, ministry among people of their surrounding community faced with issues of poverty.
- Do outreach into their community, seeking to engage those in their neighborhood in spiritual and congregational life.
- On their own, would find it challenging to financially sustain outreach ministries that can significantly impact the community.
- Engage their own members in the ministry. Applicants are expected to have a ministry plan that draws on the worshiping community to be part of a transformation process in the lives of the people, households, and neighborhoods that are faced with the challenges of poverty.
- Invest their own financial resources to support the mission for which funds are requested.
Outreach funding has included seed money to initiate the work of Neighborhood Ministers, homework help programs, creative arts camp, “Good Samaritan” money, meal programs, development of worship designed to draw in the community, and creative Bible study programs, to name a few examples. Congregations can apply for general support or seek funding for a specific program of the congregation.
Those planning to submit an application for the first time are encouraged to contact the Executive Director of Outreach for Hope early in their preparation process! Email us at email@example.com.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Complete your application based on our prescribed format, and submit it to the Outreach for Hope office.
There are three files which pertain to this application. You will need all three files to properly file your grant application:
- APPLICATION GUIDE: A background document which describes in detail the Four Targets of Transformation that will be funded by Outreach for Hope in 2021. You will need this to use as a reference for filling out the Grant Application.
- GRANT APPLICATION FORM: This is the major form you will need – it is a .pdf form with instructions which allow you to fill in the information and return it electronically by email to Outreach for Hope. Directions to use the grant application form are included on the first page. Please read them carefully and follow the directions to help you fill in, save and send your form. If you have questions or problems, call us at 414-671-1212.
- BUDGET TEMPLATE: A template provided in Excel format with sample categories and numbers which you replace with your own categories and numbers. Using the Outreach for Hope budget form is required.
Email your Application Form, completed Budget Template, and any other relevant files together as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include within the text of the email all contact information for the person submitting the file.
For assistance in preparing your application you may call Phil Smith at 414-671-1212.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION?
Outreach for Hope will acknowledge by email that your forms have been received. All grants are then reviewed by an Allocation Review Committee which develops a grant distribution recommendation. The final approval for grant distribution is made by the Outreach for Hope Board of Directors.