WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
New and established ministries within the Great Milwaukee Synod, ELCA which focus their ministry in low income communities are eligible for Outreach for Hope grants. Specifically, Outreach for Hope provides funds for congregation-based ministries which…
- Are directly affiliated with the Greater Milwaukee Synod – ELCA, and within the geographical boundaries of the Greater Milwaukee Synod.
- Include, in the core of their mission, ministry among people of their surrounding community faced with issues of poverty.
- Do outreach into their community, seeking to engage those in their neighborhood in spiritual and congregational life.
- On their own, would find it challenging to financially sustain outreach ministries that can significantly impact the community.
- Engage their own members in the ministry. Applicants are expected to have a ministry plan that draws on the worshiping community to be part of a transformation process in the lives of the people, households, and neighborhoods that are faced with the challenges of poverty.
- Invest their own financial resources to support the mission for which funds are requested.
- Congregations can apply for general support or seek funding for a specific program of the congregation.
Those planning to submit an application for the first time are encouraged to contact the Executive Director of Outreach for Hope early in their preparation process! Email Rev. Chris Manke at email@example.com.
HOW DO I APPLY?
You may now complete your application using our new online form linked here. When you have finished, hit submit to share it with the Outreach for Hope office. Once you complete and submit your application, our office will forward within several days, logon credentials which will allow you to edit your submission up until the October 1 deadline. If you have questions or problems, call our office at 414-671-1212.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION?
Outreach for Hope will acknowledge by email that your forms have been received. All grants are then reviewed by an Allocation Review Committee which develops a grant distribution recommendation. The final approval for grant distribution is made by the Outreach for Hope Board of Directors.